Rules are important, but they’re temporary and they’re always supposed to be changed.John Lydon
These rules are as much for me as for you
This blog is my online patio. You’re invited, but if you want to stay, please obey the rules. My replies to comments will be vigorous, but infrequent.
- I moderate comments.
- When you comment, don’t be contrary, boring, or a cheerleader—add something to the conversation.
- Feel free to disagree, but stay near the top of Paul Graham’s Hierarchy of Disagreement.
- I don’t coddle, chide, or caution. Threats, trolling, and racist, sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic comments, crap ideas, ad hominem argument, flaming, doxing, and general asshattery will be immediately immured.
- Further attempts to comment are auto-flagged and deleted.
- You misapprehend the right to free expression/free speech, so no, rules four and five don’t impinge on those rights.
- Links to, or promotion of, goods or services I didn’t create or don’t use are forbidden without pre-approval.
- Religion is a good or service.
- You are taking offence where none is given.
- Sincere suggestions that don’t violate rules 1 to 9 on ways to improve this blog are welcome.
All material, unless otherwise noted, Copyright © Todd Besant. All rights reserved.